Re: [Tigers] Original engine?

To: tigers@autox.team.net, rfraser@bluefrog.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Original engine?
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 11:43:28 -0700 (PDT)
I am a little confused. OK, I admitt, Im often very confused but I am taking
meds that are suppose to help. My question is; Does the number on the orginal
valve cover not match a number on the engine. That being so and I am asking if
it is or not- the hypothetically the only way to prove te engine is the orginl
260 is if the owner retains the orginl valve cover. I have that with one of my
cars and I have an engine that the Po told me was the orginal 260. As the
engine was in pieces, minus the heads, I just put it in storage but have
always thought it important to keep if I ever sold the car as having the
orginal engine. I know that Norm has paperwork that has the vin and the
matching tranny and rear end. he can tell for exampl, if an Alger has a tiger
tranny and or rear end, where they came from or at least who had the parts on
their car back when and too that depends on the owner giving Norm his info- of
course there are variables since the vin matches
 orginl parts to said tiger and those parts could have been swapped or
replaced during the life of the car.. Has anyone ask Norm if his paper work
shows a nuber for orginal engines.
TtT