Re: [Tigers] Original engine?

To: "'Bob Dixon'" <bobdixon@frii.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Original engine?
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 15:26:34 -0400
Bob
        The 260 engine made in 1964 and 1965 were basically 289 engine
configurations with a smaller bore; all the other parts were also of the 289
configuration.    The HP rating for that configuration 260 was never tested;
Ford simply continued to use the 164 hp rating of the smaller valve head
configuration of 1963.  I suspect the HP is up around 190 but I have no dyno
tests to support that number.

If you put a stroker crank into the 260 you should have something around a
302; that could be a nice configuration.

I would probably balance and stroke the 260 but that is me.   It is your
Tiger and your decision.

Ron Fraser