Re: [Tigers] Headlamp Flasher

To: tigers@autox.team.net, "Bill Rogers Motorsport Memories"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Headlamp Flasher
From: Tod Brown <todbrown@roadrunner.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 18:00:37 -0400
Although I could be wrong, it is my understanding that the headlamp
flasher switch was not fitted to either the Alpine or the Tiger in North
America, probably because it was either illegal or not something NA
drivers were familiar with.  Controlling headlamp functions with your
hand was a decidedly European thing, unlike this side of the pond where
we used our foot.  The CAT Shop Notes indicate that the switch with the
extra contact came from the Volvo 140 Series.  I use one on my Tiger to
activate the horns, since I did away with the horn ring from the stock
wheel when I replaced my steering wheel.  As noted, it can also be used
as a flash-to-pass headlight switch and the connections for such are
also outlined in the CAT Shop Notes.  I can make a copy for those who
wish but it would be well worth your while to join CAT and fork over the
$25 for the Shop Notes.  It is full of useful info and by joining you
will also get access to the parts that CAT supplies.
(Sorry for the commercial, but a worthy cause, IMHO).

As a plug for the East Coast club, TE/AE, start making your plans for
the TE/AE United on Columbus Day Weekend, 2010, in Mid-Coast Maine.

Tod
B382002384LRXFE