Re: [Tigers] Headlamp Flasher

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Headlamp Flasher
From: "Will Seay" <wseay@embarqmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 22:24:28 -0400
I just recently bought a turn signal switch with flasher on epay.  Was
advertized as Lucas NOS for Alpine and Tiger.  Lucas P/N is 34721.  After
Bill's post I decided I had better measure the switch.  Dimension across the
yoke is about 1.62 inches.  Looks about right.  Better check it on the car
before I get too serious about my flasher project.  Horn on my 1A works OK
so I'm planning to use the switch as a flasher - and then some.  Plan is to
make it flash if the lights are off and to make it toggle between hi beam
and lo beam if lights are on.  To that end I have already bought some of the
very finest 12V relays (about $10.00 for a set of five on epay - made in
China).  I'll only need two relays for the job; the rest will be solid-state
magic.  Shouldn't need the floor switch any more after the conversion but
will probably leave it where it is so things look correct.

- Will B3820011570
Will Seay wseay@embarqmail.com