Re: [Tigers] 289 heads

To: "'Thomas Witt'" <atwittsend@verizon.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] 289 heads
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 22:01:41 -0400
Tom
        The 289 was first cast in Dec 1962, the 6 Bolt 289 started in Aug
1964.  The intake valve was increased to 1.78" Feb 1964.   The small valve
heads were produced from Dec 1962 to Jan 1964 and would all be on 5 Bolt 289
engines.

        You would need to go through all the casting numbers and date codes
to understand what parts you have on your 289.

Ron Fraser