[Tigers] Restart after hiatus IDEAS?

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Restart after hiatus IDEAS?
From: CALUMETAIR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 11:50:51 EDT
I'll make it as short as possible. I lost my job and halted my resto 13 yrs
 ago. I'm ready to resume and feel overwhelmed.

I have a 1964, all original but basket cased Tiger. The body has been
restored and painted, the trunk internals have been replaced. I purchased a
1984(?) 5.0 motor (carbed model), new interior parts, new dash, new top. This
is  how it sits now.

I figured to replace brake and fuel lines and outfit engine bay before
installing the 302. I would like to add a little lope to the 302 via B303 or
other cam (showing my age?)(61 YO).

I have purchased the CATO recommended Edelbrock intake and carb and LAT
headers. I have the LAT headers metallized (aluminum) and planned to heat wrap
 them. I should probably rejoin CATO again if they still exist?

I have read about new suspension pins in the past and would like to know if
 it would be wise to install them now? or do I even need them?  I have the
stock steel wheels and poor tires.

I plan to street drive my Tiger as often as possible as a second car. I
wouldn't mind winding around a race track again and don't care much about
ride.  I'd prefer handling over comfort, but not getting silly.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Tom Milton,  1964 B382000257
Restoration in progress (stalled)
Lansing, Illinois