Re: [Tigers] (Non-Tiger) Fuel pressure falls off with temp?

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] (Non-Tiger) Fuel pressure falls off with temp?
From: garywinblad@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 19:14:28 +0000 (UTC)
I think Theo is correct!
This exact scenario has happened to B9470622 twice.
The first time was after it sat for years before I got around to the engine
rebuild.
I knew the tanks were real bad (there was rust looking stuff clogging th
filter).  My plan was to just keep changing cheap filters until the whole system
got clean.  DUMB idea.  It worked for a few weeks but the interval between
filter changes got shorter and shorter until it died only a couple blocks from
home (I still remember the long push home cuz I ran out of filters!).
Change your filter and if it happens again, pull the tank and have it boiled
and coated!
The second time was a couple years later on the way to Tigers United.
I was sure it was more gunk coming from the tank and even found a local
shop that did a great job flushing my lines on their lift.  Ten miles later it
stopped again.  I finally decided to check the filter.  BINGO, it was full of
black junk, I figure I must have gotten a bad tank of gas.  Removed the filter
at a roadside rest stop and it ran perfect for the rest on the trip.

Gary