Re: [Tigers] (Non-Tiger) Fuel pressure falls off with temp?

To: "Tod Brown" <todbrown@roadrunner.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] (Non-Tiger) Fuel pressure falls off with temp?
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 14:05:08 -0600
If the truck had been sitting for a while then I could see that
happening...

The water and fuel will separate when the vehicle is sitting, with the
fuel floating on top. Then when you start driving the fuel and the water
slosh together and you'll get slugs of either, until eventually you get
enough water in the fuel line to kill the engine...

You warm-climate guys might not be able to get it as easily, but "gas
line antifreeze", which is basically methanol, will absorb the water in
the gas and let you run out the tank of gas without draining it. It will
also absorb all the water that might be elsewhere in the system. Some of
the "fuel system conditioners" also have enough methanol in it to dry
out the fuel lines.

Theo