Re: [Tigers] Speedo Rotation

To: "'Fabbro'" <fabbro@shaw.ca>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Speedo Rotation
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 23:31:48 -0500
Kim
        So looking at the speedometer cable from the drivers seat; your
cable is turning counter clockwise which is the wrong direction.  Cable
needs to be turning clockwise which is counter clockwise look at the back of
the speedometer.

        Which side of the tail shaft does the speedometer cable enter?
Drivers side requires a Right drive gear; passenger side requires a Left
drive gear.

        The correct driving gear in the transmission is B7C-17285-A, the
cable driven gear is C3OA-17271-A 15 tooth, which is obsolete.  My original
gear has a 15R molded into the plastic.  I'm guessing that if you remove the
cable from the transmission that you have an "L" number on that gear.  You
might be able to change to an "R" number gear and be OK.   I'm not sure if
it is that simple but maybe.

Transmission gear information with gear, adaptors and reverse adaptors.

http://www.transmissioncenter.net/speedometer_calibration_______va.htm

Ron Fraser