Re: [Tigers] Speedo Rotation

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Speedo Rotation
From: Scott Rekate <srekate@pacifier.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 12:47:56 -0800
T/T, et all,

I needed to resolve the same reversing issue with the speedo cable direction
in my Borg/Warner WC T-5 with AMC tailhousing.  It turned out this was one of
D.A's. first retro fit jobs and didn't replace the correct drive gear.  Not
wanting to drop the trans., after discovering the problem, I had a local
speedo shop make me up a reversing housing that screwed directly to the
tailhousing.  Needed to cut about 6" off the cable and have a new end crimped
on.  The result worked fine but discovered the crimping of the end was not
leak proof forcing me to have to treat it with JB Weld as not to have unwanted
drippings everywhere.  I found that the reverse  housing is thin walled and is
designed for hand tightening.  As a warning, don't over tighten.  Not a
perfect solution in that I still see a few drops being emitted because it
doesn't seem to want to make a prefect seal.  On the other hand I'm not ready
to take on the transmission disassembly task as of yet.
By the way you can get replacement gears (drive,driven) at  NPD.
http://www.npdlink.com/modules.php?name=Mustang_Catalog&file=index&func=downl
oad

Scott