[Tigers] Traveling and having TROUBLES

To: Beamclub <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Traveling and having TROUBLES
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 11:01:32 -0800 (PST)
Left southern IL. around noon Tues. Got to Lousiville and was in slow traffic
when the tranny seemed like something was metal to metal- rush hour to boot-
some history. I have a Dale A. 5 speed AMC conversion. Im not sure if it was
the clutch not engaging and the gears not being completely in gear. I was
lucky in that a Louisville traffic help type purpose pulled in behind me- we
jacked the car up and I went thru the gears- it tried to turn the left wheel
on the ground a couple times- I replaced the bearings etc prior to SNI and
left a thick shim out on drivers side- the kid seeme to think the noise he
hear- which wasnt theorginal was in the rearend. He gave me directions to a
maybe shop which was closed and I decided to head on to WVa. I ha it happen a
few more times when gasing up. Im guesing the slave might need rebuilt and I
just need to double or triple clutch it. I need to know IF anyone who has the
AMC knows if I can add lube- as Im thinking that
 might be part of my prolem- the tranny is rolled and if memory serves I
should have cut a hole thru the tunnel to have access to the lube hole- I have
an appointment Fri. a.m. at a gas station my broNlaw uses but I know they
always rip him off- I just need the rack and him to go work on something else.
Was also going to drain the rearend to see if the kid was right. ANY ideas or
info will be appreciated- family waiting on me so I have to end this- will be
back on line later to answer questins. Also Im certain dale had me use a
sythentic lube- IF anyone knows the weight- Dales number might also be needed
before I try driving back to Il.
Thanks in advance.
HTD to everyone except the turkeys- to late for them.
TonytheTiger- depressed presently- no troubles from Il to SUNI and home.