[Tigers] Hot starting FYI

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Hot starting FYI
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 14:31:38 -0500
I have been doing an Original Tiger engine study from the Ford casting # and
casting date point of view.

I came across a notation about Hot starting and the use of restrictor fuel
bowl vents to reduce fuel vapor in the air cleaner.
The bowl vents are the 2 vertical tubes near the choke plate and restrictor
vents have a smaller hole on top than the diameter of the tube.

There is a Ford TSB covering this; 8/19/63 Ford TSB, Section 1750, Article
#27.

Ford incorporated restrictor fuel bowl vent on Dec14,1962; this would
indicate that all 2bbl carburetors on Tiger engines have these restrictor
vents.
I have also looked at some period pictures of Tiger engines and they appear
to have restrictor vent but I can't say for sure all Tiger engines had them.

I have had some hot start problems at times with the non stock C7, 2bbl
carburetor on my Tiger so I will have to investigate this more on my engine.
This should also be looked at with any 4bbl carb if you have a hot start
problem.

It would be interesting to note if all those with the original 2bbl have
these restrictor vents.

As always if anyone needs help deciphering casting #'s and date codes; I
will be glad to assist.

If you are interested in participating in my engine study; contact me on
this List or off line.

Ron Fraser