[Tigers] Yearly Confusion

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Yearly Confusion
From: Jeffrey Nichols <jxnichols@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 09:18:31 -0800 (PST)
All this talk of what year Tiger you may have seems  academic because Rootes
didn't have model years like other car makers did (or do).  Rootes only built
and sold MKI and MKII Tigers with no model year designation.  On Facebook
there is a Sunbeam Tiger page (161 members and growing) with a copy of a Tiger
invoice and no model year is listed.
The DMV  title for my car has it as a 1966 Rootes Roadster and  my car was
built in October of 1964.  I suppose there are 1969 MKII Tigers out there if
other DMVs operate with the same logic.

 In  Michigan you can put period license plates on a old car as long as the
plates match the year on the title.  So my car has 1966 Michigan license
plates even though it was built in 1964.

                                                     Jeff