Re: [Tigers] tiger originality / authenticity

To: Thomas Witt <atwittsend@verizon.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] tiger originality / authenticity
From: MAURO D'ANGELO <m_dangelo@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 06:42:08 -0400
Tom,

Even though the way you first wrote it did leave open a slight possibility
of misunderstanding, I knew exactly what you meant the first time. I truly
hate to see a guy feel like he's done something wrong when he has not!

It's very clear that when and if the TAC inspectors don't find enough
evidence to authenticate a particular car, they will just say so and walk
away from it -- end of story.  It's also very clear that the TAC registry is
not meant to list unverifiable or questionable cars in any way.  I think the
potential liability issues such a (thankfully nonexistent) list would cause
would be quite astounding in today's highly litigious society.  I think that
the way they've been doing TACs is a very fair and safe way to do it.  Of
course, I realize that opinions like mine are like a certain body part
(everybody has one).  Cheers.  Mauro