Re: [Tigers] tiger originality / authenticity

To: michael.s.king@gmail.com, m_dangelo@verizon.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] tiger originality / authenticity
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 19:50:04 EDT
True enough, at one time it made economic sense to combine a good Alpine
unibody with your Tiger parts to make a fun driver.

But, these days there's basically zero reason besides fraud to go down that
 path...if you have a suitable Alpine candidate and some Tiger parts, it
makes  much more sense to sell off the Tiger parts and use the proceeds to put
together  a better balanced package, using a late model, twin cam 16V 4
cylinder motor  ;-)

Sacrilegious in Alamo,
Mike

btw, TAC has been an incredible boon to the Tiger community and we all
should thank the "usual suspects" who have carried the flag for their
contribution to the marque. I was there in the beginning and I can promise you
that
it was a contentious process...but out of that debate came a program that,
while not perfect, has achieved (perhaps) more than any involved at the
time  might have imagined.

In a message dated 3/22/2010 4:42:35 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,