Re: [Tigers] A BOT (Book of TAC)

To: rande@thecia.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] A BOT (Book of TAC)
From: Carlo Bernardino <crbernardino@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 11:32:16 -0400
You are probably right and that is a shame.

I have no desire or time to be a TACer - perhaps in another life. However, it
would be nice to be as knowledgeable as possible about Tigers. When you go to
other car shows and see the 'knowledgeable' guy about his her mark it makes
their whole mark more 'valuable'. A TAC'dfull book would go a long way to
elevating the knowledge base of the average Tiger owner and in turn raise the
awareness of our brand.

The book of Norm - prices, don't get me started. Certainly the BON does do this
in part, but I am not going to spend that type of money when I could use it to
keep my car on the road. A TE/AE member was kind to lend me a copy, but to be a
good citizen I did not xerox the book or forward it to Google for scanning.

Finally, this apparent inability to share except at the local club level or on
these forums is why there are few young people looking into our cars, etc. I
will bet I am the youngest of the group here and I do not feel particularly
young. Do we have any 20 year olds interested in Tigers - doubt it. Other
British makes - absolutely in part because the info of these makes is easily
available.

BTW never been to a United - that was my dad.

Rob

C. Robert Bernardino, MD FACS
Associate Professor of Ophthalmology
Residency Program Director