[Tigers] The next generation of Tiger owners...

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] The next generation of Tiger owners...
From: Nathan Johnson <vesselofgrace@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 11:18:49 +0000
Let's see, I was introduced to Sunbeam's when I was 10 and my dad used me as
slave labor to help him restore a Series II Alpine (and looking back that was
a bad idea considering the condition we found it in).  I started driving it
when I got my permit at 15 and it became my daily driver at 17 when I helped
my father restore (another violation of child labor laws) a Series V.  At age
21, I found a rough, but rather original, Mark I and spent every last penny I
had saved to buy it so I could one up my dad.  I found the joy of a Sunbeam
that can be kind of scary when you press the pedal on the right really hard
and have been hooked ever since (I moved on to a Mark IA with a hipo 289 a few
years ago).  I am 31 now and I really can't see myself ever not owning a
Tiger.  I went so far as to include a provision in my prenuptial agreement
when I got married last year that my wife can never ask me to sell it.  I have
to admit that I have always wondered how many other tiger owners are around my
age.  Most of my peers, whether they are car nuts or not, seem to appreciate
the attributes of the Tiger that make thier owners so passionate about them
but I still haven't met someone within 10 years of my age who actually owns
one....  If you are out there, contact me and lets go for a road trip!

Nathan Johnson

inbox.
http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID27925::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL
:en-US:WM_HMP:032010_2