Re: [Tigers] Some thoughts on the Book of Norman

To: CoolVT@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Some thoughts on the Book of Norman
From: m_dangelo@verizon.net
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 08:28:22 -0500 (CDT)
Hi.  Well, that's good to know, but I am skeptical.  Where are there sources
of information?  I have seen Tigersunited.com, rootegroupdepot.com,
classictigers.com, and a few others like the TEAE website and a couple of
British sites.  The information there is largely repetitive, old, and
stagnant, for the most part -- definitely not dynamic in the least.  If you go
to some of the Porsche forums, you will see what I mean.  One can post a
question on an open forum and receive tens of responses in a single day, and
have photographic step-by-step instructions, advice, diagrams, schematics and
more.  Considering the elitism around Porsche, it's surprising how much
information is available and offered just for the asking.  It's just not the
same with Tigers, which I believe hurts the interest in our lovely yet mean
little cars.    Please let me know where these good sources of information
are.  As far as the Book of Norman, I've yet to see any information from that
book anywhere.  In fact, when I've asked specific questions, I've literally
gotten the answer (from Book of Norman owners) that I should buy a copy of the
Book of Norman.  I'm told they come up for sale on eBay from time to time. Gee
thanks, is what I typically think when I get such responses.  Thanks.  Mauro