Re: [Tigers] Best Clutch Kit 289

To: Bob Hokanson <tgrrr@peoplepc.com>, Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Best Clutch Kit 289
From: MAURO D'ANGELO <m_dangelo@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 06:24:44 -0400
Hello.  My 289 engine will only give me about 300 horsepower the way it is
built. I really do not plan to race this car because, personally, I don't
consider the Tiger chassis to be a very agile or reliable. In fact, I would
likely choose one of my Porsche cars to race, if and when I ever do decide
to race again.  The Porsche 911 has a truly great chassis. The Porsche,
unlike the Tiger, is a car that feels like it becomes "a part" of me, which
makes it very intuitive to drive.  Add to that that I live in a small town
where there are only eight local cops who are extremely vigilant and
strictly mind the low speed limits.  While I have some original English hose
clamps, I prefer to use modern hose clamps.  In my own case, I think the
risk of a fuel leak and fire is probably higher than a disintegrating
flywheel!  Cheers.

Mauro