Re: [Tigers] Best Clutch Kit 289

To: michael king <michael.s.king@gmail.com>, "Jerry & Maureen (Mo)"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Best Clutch Kit 289
From: MAURO D'ANGELO <m_dangelo@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 20:58:05 -0400
Thanks.  I agree about other cars (TVR and Cobra) weighing less than the
Tiger.  I understood that Jerry was probably thinking of classic American
cars that also used the SBF, like Fairlane, Galaxie, Falcon, Mustang, etc.

I have not decided whether to pull the engine from the top or the bottom
yet, actually.   Either way, please don9t forget that my own time and effort
costs me nothing (financially), so until I can afford my own Aston Martin, I
plan to rule my own budget with an iron fist, but intelligently.   If I can
get away with $179 or $235 for a clutch that does absolutely everything I
need it to do  anything more would just be overkill -- then it makes no
sense to spend any more (the world according to Mauro).  Mind you, I9m not
talking about skimping where skimping would affect the quality of the build.
On the contrary.  If you had any idea how much I have in the engine itself,
you might be surprised.

Incidentally, the reason I decided to press forward with the installation of
the 289 is that the clutch on my 260 has begun to slip (takes a while to
grab).  I9m kind of bummed because the 260 is running fine.  I think it9s
due to the close ratio transmission paired with the tall rear gear.  In this
regard, is there any adjustment in the clutch of the Tiger?  If I could
shorten the rod a bit, it might help.  Also, I was wondering, is there ANY
way to replace a Tiger9s clutch without removing the engine?  I9d do that
for the time being if I could.  Any ideas?  Thanks.  Mauro