Re: [Tigers] Best Clutch Kit 289 (etc. revisions of the original

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Best Clutch Kit 289 (etc. revisions of the original
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 13:21:09 -0700
I hope everyone can understand I realize an exploding flywheel is a serious
issue.

 That said I still appreciate the subtle humor regarding the hose clamps (it
made me chuckle).  So, I'll add that should one change back to English style
clamps at the expense of a needed flywheel replacement - keep your old (new
style) clamps.  They can make an excellent tourniquet when your foot gets
severed!

 In the end a scattershield is like fire/flood insurance.  Most people will
never use it, but when you do there is no discounting how important it is.
Just like where you live dictates the importance of insurance, so does how
you drive precludes the need for a scattershield.

Tom