[Tigers] Engine gaskets

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Engine gaskets
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 14:45:07 -0700
Ever the scavenger that I am, I picked up a complete SB Ford engine gasket
set (P/N 95-1176) for $5.  The manufacturer is Mc Cord.  I can't find
anything about them on the internet.  The box states they are a Clevite Co.,
but that leads nowhere.  I was wondering if any of the "old timers" here can
comment on Mc Cord quality.

Side note: Sometimes these "old finds" have an advantage.  With my
Valliant's 318, an old gasket set will have the gasket fire ring sized for
the 318 and not the larger 360 bore.  Today the only gaskets you can get for
the 318 are a "Uni gasket" sized for the 360 bore.

Thanks, Tom