Re: [Tigers] Ignition/Coil/Tach Setup

To: "'Joel Martin'" <jmartiniii@yahoo.com>, <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Ignition/Coil/Tach Setup
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 00:36:16 -0400
Joel
        If you want a stock looking ignition just use the Pertronix or
similar unit in the distributor.   You can cover the wires out of the
distributor with shrink tube for that 1 wire appearance.

Stock coil is a Ford yellow top B6A-12029-B
Stock ignition Resistor wires are Ford  C3OZ-12259-H1
Stock HiPo wires are solid core, black with SX and cylinder number on each
wire
Stock spark plugs       Autolite  BF-32 for HiPo        BF-42 for non HiPo
Stock Distributor cap   Ford    B7A-12106-A

Note: Your C3OF-12127-D distributor with oil port is an early style
distributor; be sure to inspect the advance mechanism thoroughly.   This
style has many wear points at the cam plate and weights that can hang up the
advance curve.

The dual point distributor has no vacuum advance; vacuum advance will give
you economy on the highway.

Ron Fraser