Re: [Tigers] Ignition/Coil/Tach Setup

To: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Ignition/Coil/Tach Setup
From: Tom Parker <tkparker1941@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 16:52:31 -0400
Theo, et al,

I just got off the phone with Peter Bayer at Nisonger Instruments. Here's a
summary of the conversation regarding the Jaeger Tach:

The tachometer WILL NOT WORK with electronic ignition (Caps mine). Nisonger
offers a conversion service to upgrade the tachometer so it will work with
both points and electronic ignition. They test with Pertronics and MSD
ignitions (which doesn't mean it will or won't work with other brands.)

The price for rebuilding the tach and installing the electronic ignition
conversion is $275.00. They don't offer a stand-alone conversion.

This may or may not have anything to do with the problems with erratic
readings at low revolutions, but, then, it may.

Tom