Re: [Tigers] Are This a Tiger?

To: Steve Laifman <slaifman@socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Are This a Tiger?
From: Jim Sencindiver <jd.sencindiver@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 00:03:40 -0400
Steve,

On Mk II Tigers they did away with the "bolted hat" that was used on Mk I
and Mk IAs and used a couple of straps to hold the spare in place.  The
straps were attached to brackets/tie downs that were bolted to the floor of
the boot.  The spare could not go in the Alpine spare well, since the fuel
pump is mounted there on Mk IIs.

I'm only speculating, but if this Tiger had a rear clip replacement, that
would account for the lack of spare tire bracket/tie down holes and the non
original battery tie down.  If the TAC inspectors were able to find the cut
lines from a rear clip replacement, then it would explain why these Tiger
specific items were not there.

Keep on Tigering!
Jim Sencindiver
B382100451/TAC 448