Re: [Tigers] Best Carburetor(s) for the Tiger

To: atwittsend@verizon.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Best Carburetor(s) for the Tiger
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 19:18:38 EDT
US gallon= 128oz.

Canadian Imperial Gallon  135.26   oz.

In a message dated 6/21/2010 6:28:03 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
atwittsend@verizon.net writes:

Another  option is the Edelbrock (Carter). The way the secondaries work
give
a bit  of latitude with a larger carburetor.  I picked up an Edelbrock
(cheap - of course) that is a 625 CFM. My 289 has an unknown, but more
radical cam than stock. Ideally I wanted a smaller carb.  However,  when I
looked up the primary side it was the same as a 500 CFM.  So,  when (if) I
ever get my car going I was going to slow the opening of the  secondaries
and
hope for the best.

Theo, isn't a Canadian gallon  different from a US gallon?  There is a guy
on
my Mopar side of life  who claims 28 MPG from his Chrysler 5th Ave. with
Auto
(no  overdrive).  He lives above the great lakes also.

Duke, 16.8 MPG @  78 MPH (3,800 rpm) with 3.07's doesn't sound all that bad
-
considering.

Tom