Re: [Tigers] Best Carburetor(s) for the Tiger

To: "'Tom Parker'" <tkparker1941@gmail.com>, "'wsamouce'" <wsamouce@kc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Best Carburetor(s) for the Tiger
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 15:58:04 -0400
BTW, when the Tiger ran I'd have been proud to get 18 - 20 MPG at highway
speeds. I think 28 MPG is a tad high with a 4 speed, improbable even with a
carbureted engine and a 5 speed, but probable with a 5 speed, fuel injection
and an engine management system.

I easily get 25 MPG and my friends MK II with 600 cfm, 4 bbl gets about 22
MPG.   I once saw 29 MPG but only once.   I'm pushing the ignition and carb
tune on my 260 to the max and I hope to cross the 30 MPG mark.   If I do
cross 30 MPG constantly I will report back on that.

Ron Fraser

260, 2 bbl, 4sp