Re: [Tigers] Gas milage with different tires?

To: "'Tom Parker'" <tkparker1941@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Gas milage with different tires?
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 19:52:33 -0400
Tom
    I never liked working with rolling radius or tire diameter.  They are
vague terms, IMO, due to tire wear, the tire manufacturer and other factors.
I prefer to measure the circumference and work from that number.   The
radius or diameter of a tire can be difficult to measure but the
circumference is not.

Getting an accurate speedometer reading depends on the tire size, the
gearing, the speedometer you have and the gear ratio on the speedometer
cable.

Ron Fraser