Re: [Tigers] head grooves?

To: "A. C. Tynes" <v8tracker@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] head grooves?
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 09:56:01 -0700
The other factor involved is given less attention here. He milled the
heads 0.060. That makes the squish area physicaly thinner maybe more
effective all by itself.  Increasing the compresson ratio because of
that also helps power output.  Now, it may be that for sure he hit on
something simple that does work. But, does it work for all motors?  I
too would like to see some additional data.  I would actually like to
hear the story of why he thought that would work in the first place. Or
some analyses showing that it would work.

I won't do it to my aluminum heads on the race car though, lol.

mayf