Re: [Tigers] Oil Pressure Part II

To: rfraser@bluefrog.com, Tiger's Den <tigers@autox.team.net>, Erich
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Oil Pressure Part II
From: Steve Laifman <slaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 15:31:53 -0700
Ron and Eric,

I found a great alternative that is actually built by Ford MotorSport.
It was published on the TigersUnited.com site:

http://www.tigersunited.com/resources/Dealer_Accessories/mp-FilterAdapter2.asp

as co-edit by yours truly, Jim Boynton, and Mark L. (CoolVT)

The Ford MotorSport Filter is a very good one.  I would, as the article
states,

 This Ford MotorSport aluminum SVO right angle filter adapter,
M-6880-A50, is shown with the FRAM PH3600 in place. The Fram is smaller
in diameter than the FL1A, which does fit as well. The design is
different than the truck model, and has a large sealing surface on the
mounting nut, which is not removed for filter changing. I bought it at a
local Parts store for $50.  Well, make that $100, as the first one
bounced out of the trunk and I had to get another.

While this may be difficult to obtain now, it is worth it.  Notice that
the edge car motor mount (on the left side of the car), was slightly
rounded to prevent contact.

There is a Ford Truck mount, which may be available, but isn't as nice.

Steve

<http://www.tigersunited.com/resources/Dealer_Accessories/mp-FilterAdapter3.asp,,p.p1%20%7Bmargin:%200.0px%200.0px%200.0px%200.0px;%20font:%2012.0px%20Helvetica%7D,,Steve%20Laifman>

Steve Laifman
<http://www.tigersunited.com/resources/Dealer_Accessories/mp-FilterAdapter3.asp,,p.p1%20%7Bmargin:%200.0px%200.0px%200.0px%200.0px;%20font:%2012.0px%20Helvetica%7D,,Steve%20Laifman>