Re: [Tigers] Alger

To: Mountjoy <dsmtjoy@cox.net>, michael king <michael.s.king@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Alger
From: <e.coiner@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 19:58:43 -0700
---- michael king <michael.s.king@gmail.com> wrote:
>He built the alger so he could modify it the way
> he wanted, and drive the heck out of it...
>
> I have seen the photos of the car.. looks great.. probably nicer than many
> tigers.. and he has left the alpine VIN and JAl on it.. and has the "alpine"
> scripts.. its a great car and would be a blast to own.. and he is not trying
> to fool anyone.

That is not an Alger. It is a an Alpine with an engine transplant.

An Alger is an Alpine body with all the parts made to look exactly like a
Tiger.  When being sold it is advertized as  a Tiger,
Ask the owner what he has and he answers Tiger.

That is an Alger and the reason they are held in low esteem by Tiger owners.
The essence of Alger is intent to deceive.
Rootes did us no favors with the weak VIN identification elements on Alpines
and Tigers.