Re: [Tigers] Alger

To: e.coiner@cox.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Alger
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 21:45:06 -0700 (PDT)
It isn't that it really matter but I disagree. An Alger is an Alpine with a V8
engine and has been for many years. I'm sure Norm coined the phrase but you
have to recall that at one point in time it wasn't wort the investment to pay
a restoration shop to fix a rusted out Tiger when a nice Alpine was available
and for lots less, Doug and I'm sure Dale on the left Coast, perhaps Tiger Tom
and I believe Mr.Witt- anyway, another Pa. chap who restored Tigers built some
Algers BUT I can only speak about Doug as he was the only person I had give me
a price to Algerize my rusty Mk1A. He refereed to the car as an Alger and I
would think he is in the top 5 most knowledgeable Sunbeam people in the USA
and perhaps the world. I'm sure he has restored more cars than anyone over his
career. So An Alger is an Alger BUT how it is presented is what separates it
from other Algers.
IMO of course.
regards,
TtT