Re: [Tigers] Alger

To: "'A. C. Tynes'" <v8tracker@gmail.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Alger
From: Cullen McCann <clarkwgriswold2nd@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 17:23:42 -0500
Well, Mike is a good friend of mine, and I don't want to change that. He has
gone out of his way to assist me on things, and contributes greatly to the
sunbeam community for tech, research, parts etc. So I'm carefull sharing my
opinion..but it's just my opinion.........but..... I have to say that I
agree...transplanting VINs from one car to another...I believe....is not
good. I actually think that if we had an extremely "Tiger correct" looking
alpine....cloned into a Tiger in every way cosmetically...call it a tribute
or replica, conversion...whatever...ALGER.....I think I would still be ok
with it personally as long as it had its correct original VIN for the
Alpine. Ultimately that is the label that specifies just what ever car in
the world actually is.  I think that is the threshold for me where Algers
become ....misleading for what they are. The looks doesn't bother me...just
the registered, legal ident plate...winding up on the wrong car. In the
wrong hands, thats dangerous. I wouldn't want to buy a Shelby mustang, or a
yenko camaro, or anything else that had the wrong plate on it under the
assumption I was getting the one of a kind collectible, only to find out
later it wasn't the right car at all. That would severely ruin my day.

Cullen and group,

To me, the question is whether or not the original VIN plate is on the car.
This one clearly isn't, which to me, clearly makes it a fraud and illegal to
sell in every state of which I am aware.

A. C. Tynes
New Orleans