Re: [Tigers] Electrical problem... Lucas or...Ford?

To: "'Stu Brennan'" <stubrennan@comcast.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Electrical problem... Lucas or...Ford?
From: "Jim" <jim@island.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 15:52:08 -0700
Well... I have a bit of an update.. I changed the solenoid out for a new
one... connected the battery and the car fired right up...BUT the alternator
isn't charging...
I installed a '3 wire' alt last year and up until this problem, the 'gen.'
light worked properly but now will not come on with key on/engine off ( it
didn't come on at any time yesterday while I was driving  ). I pulled the
gen. light wire from the alt. and grounded it (like the alt is supposed to
do ) with key on/engine off and the light worked fine... Hmmmm.. so I
checked that terminal on the alt. and it had 12v .My local electrical 'guru'
is now thinking some kind of feedback voltage scenario and he's ordering
parts to fix the alt.  Not much more for me to do until that's fixed. It
doesn't quite explain everything but getting closer...

Jim