Re: [Tigers] Electrical problem... Lucas or...Ford?

To: Jim <jim@island.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Electrical problem... Lucas or...Ford?
From: Tom Parker <tkparker1941@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 19:08:29 -0400
Jim,

What kind of alternator is it?

The Tiger 2 used a 6RA relay to isolate the alternator field.

If you're not getting a charge (quick check if you have a voltmeter: with
the key off you should have @ 12v at the battery. With the engine running it
should be closer to @ 14v, increasing with engine speed to @ 15v or so. If
not, suspect either the alternator or the voltage regulator.)

Tom