Re: [Tigers] Body Modifications for larger Wheels

To: "'Joel Martin'" <jmartiniii@yahoo.com>, "'Tiger List Serve'"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Body Modifications for larger Wheels
From: Cullen McCann <clarkwgriswold2nd@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 14:30:19 -0500
Joel...can you or the list direct me to any advice on the strengthening
plates? My car perpetually lives on the rotisserie since I got sidetracked
on another project, but its stripped and primed...basically at just the
right spot to consider any strengthening. I would like to at least consider
strengthening the chassis in any way that helps but does not compromise a
specific "Tiger" feature...for example, I don't want to cover up my exhaust
pass thrus....or anything like that...but if its small gussets and plates at
specific locations...much like reinforcing a crossmember...I'm all about it.
Plus when the time comes im definitely going with 15" or maybe even 16"
wheels....

Cullen

I am currently finishing stripping the 1966 MK1A for partial sandblasting,
body
work, strengthening plates and plan to install 15" wheels.  I am
thinking I
should have the body shop make the necessary body modifications to
handle the
larger wheels.  From what I understand, these modifications are
minor and should
not effect the finished product.