Re: [Tigers] Body Modifications for larger Wheels

To: Tiger List Serve <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Body Modifications for larger Wheels
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 14:42:41 -0500
On a slightly related topic I just finished putting 2" axle-to-leafspring
spacers in, to replace the 1" ones that were there. Now it sits more like I'd
first intended when going to the whole 16" wheel thing.

Items of note:
The leaf spring centerbolts have a 9/16" diameter head. To properly locate the
axle on the spacer and the spacer on the spring, I first drilled a 3/8" size
hole in the 2 x 2 1/2" piece of steel tubing, top to bottom, then opened the
bottom one to 9/16". The top hole got a 3/8" bolt with the hex head turned
down to 9/16" round.
The U-bolts should have a 2 5/8" inside diameter. I got some 1/2" size ones,
then drilled the axle plate to suit.

One curiosity: The 1" spacers that were in there, were made of nylon and
looked like they were roughly cut with a bandsaw. The centerbolt hole was
drilled 9/16, but the other side had a 5/16" shank, round head Phillips screw
in it with about a 1/2" head, so that there was some slack (and then the nylon
allowed some distortion too). Was this piece a one-off fabrication by one of
the PO's or did someone offer a lowering kit like this at some point?

Theo

use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please
be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or
any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,

Thank you for your cooperation.