Re: [Tigers] Seats and Parts

To: tym2@comcast.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Seats and Parts
From: rab65tiger@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 20:50:45 -0400
 I used seats from a 90's Miata.  I wanted the tall seat for safety.  The
Miata was not a direct bolt in, I made some adapter plates from I think 2"
wide flat stock, and chopped off the mounting ears from the Miata seat tracks.
Not all that difficult if I did it with a chop saw, drill press, counter sink,
and taps.  I liked the Miata seats because the size seemed to be the right
proportions for the car, not to large, the seat back also tapered up, just
seemed the dimensions were pretty good.  I also got them at a self service
wrecking yard on 1/2 price day for about $40.00 for the pair (had to look a
bit to find fairly good seats-good covers, no rips etc.), and high quality
seat covers are readily available.  My car is far from stock, so I did not
mind the change to tall bucket seats.

Randy B