[Tigers] It's all Steve Laifman's fault

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] It's all Steve Laifman's fault
From: "A. C. Tynes" <v8tracker@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 11:30:40 -0500
Group,

The combination of Steve's shared memories, the discussion of K code engines
and my 66th birthday tomorrow has really got me thinking about ways to
preserve car memories. I don't really want to overload this list or in any
way limit things to Tigers, so I have an alternative to propose.

Someone who has Internet skills could start a website dedicated to car
memories. It could be open to uploads from everybody and to all makes,
models, types, times and places. Pictures could be included. You could go
through an index looking for specific cars, such as Tigers, or just wander
around like at an open car show to see what you can find. There might even
eventually be some kind of forum where people could ask questions about or
discuss specific uploads.

I know there are a lot of cars sites out there, but the ones I have found
are mostly either limited in their subjects (hot rods or Tigers or
Chevrolets or sports cars, etc.), or to cars owned now or in the recent
past. I'm looking for something where I can post or read about any and every
automobile and any and every thing that people did with, do with, thought
about, remember, or felt about them.

Perhaps Mark could do something like this, though I suspect we probably have
him at about the limit of what he can do for us. And, of course, the site
doesn't have to be in the U.S. Whether to cover the costs by donation,
advertising or membership fees would have to be determined by whoever sets
up the site.

I'm not interested in just living in the past and I don't think any of us
are. I am very much interested in the now, too. If you have any doubts of
that, stop by and take a ride in the 302, T-5 equipped Geo Tracker I just
built. Or at least you can as soon as I get the drive shaft built and
installed. In the meantime, its roller block 302 sounds really good. It
doesn't sound like a flathead or a Hi-Po 289, but I believe all of them and
many others deserve a place in our collective memory.

Anybody else think this might be worth doing? Of course, if it has already
been done, please send me the URL.

Thanks for reading,
A. C. Tynes
New Orleans