Re: [Tigers] Tiger Handling

To: <jliny5@cox.net>, <tigers-bounces@autox.team.net>, "Tom Parker"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger Handling
From: "Dave Munroe" <dave@munroe.ca>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 12:06:51 -0300
Jim;

Your tire size change is not that radical, but for what its worth, when I
went to 15" wheels and wide tires that maintained the same o/a diameter as
the stock 13" tires, I had my car's front end alignment set at the spec
numbers.

After 8,000 miles, the outside edges of the front tires were near the wear
bars, and I replaced them.

According to my alignment guy, this is usually caused by too much toe-in,
but mine was set at 1/8", (stock spec), and remained in adjustment until the
tires were removed. We agreed to set the toe at 1/16", and changed the
camber to bring the top of the tires closer to the top a-frame pivot. (Less
camber). I don't remember the exact number.

I have a tire wear gauge, and am going to keep a close eye on the wear
pattern across the tread, and if it shows signs of wearing on one side of
the other, we will adjust it.

That might be a good idea for you to do as well. Tire wear gauges are cheap
and easy to use, and available everywhere.

Good luck with your change!

Dave

Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2010 7:55 PM

 Good Evening (at least on the east coast)

 Thought I would make another call regarding my post from yesterday
regarding the affect a change in tire size might have on alignment. My new
tires (205/60x13) get mounted Thursday.  Wear looks pretty even on the old
tires (175/70x13). For the time being I guess I will stick with the existing
alignment specs.

 Thx, Jim