[Tigers] Bumper alignment

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Bumper alignment
From: H2Otor@aol.com
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 18:21:35 EDT
Jim
When I purchased my Tiger years ago the bumpers were not aligned correctly,
 but they were not that miss aligned.
When aligned both the front and rear bumpers I replaced the front  bumper
with a NOS bumper I had stored away and the alignment was way off for  having
the front of the bumper guards nice and vertical.
I used a torch to heat the bumper brackets and bend them to get them to
align with the bumper. I fitted the brackets to the bumper first then heated
and  bent the brackets to get the correct distance between the body mounting
holes  while centering the bumper to the car body and then heated and bent
the brackets  to get the correct vertical alignment when mounting it to the
body  brackets. I removed the brackets from the bumper each time I heated the
 brackets to keep from burning the chrome on the bumpers. Bending on either
 bracket will affect the other side when mounting the bumper to the car. I
spent  2 or 3 days aligning each bumper when I would heat it with a torch
and bend it,  let it cool, bolt the bracket to the bumper and test fit it to
the car. Would I  want to do another bumper alignment "NO".

John Watertor
65 Tiger