Re: [Tigers] Coil Spring Spacer

To: "'Thomas Witt'" <atwittsend@verizon.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Coil Spring Spacer
From: "Jim" <jim@island.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 21:37:57 -0700
My car came with 2 aluminum 'coil' spacers on each side. They are installed
with a 1/2" ratchet and extension and sort of wind in and lock between a
couple of coils... This is usually done to raise the car back up after
someone cuts too much off the length of the coils in an effort to lower the
car. You can imagine how little suspension travel this leaves !! I wasn't
sure how to get my car to the height that I wanted so I ended up modifying
and installing QA1 Mustang II adjustable coilovers which fit into the stock
'pocket' at the top but are smaller diameter to fit around the shock at the
bottom. I ran this setup with no rubber donuts in the top until last year
when I installed some Minx  lowering spindles and have now got the donuts
back in but have about 3/8" shaved off the top of them... my a-arms are now
about level when the car is at rest so gives me a fair amount of travel to
the stops...

Jim
B382000446