Re: [Tigers] New Land Speed Record

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] New Land Speed Record
From: Larry Mayfield <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 18:38:31 -0700
  Jere, all, yes, completely true. However to get the red hat in this
particular SCTA class from the 200 MPH club I have to run 260 + mph
twice, lol.  Absolutely wont happen in this car. In fact not many of the
mod sports cars have ever gone that fast!  So, this is not a record per
se but my goal of exceeding the original Sunbeam slugs record speeds of
203.792 mph.  This has been proclaimed by me as the goal ever since I
started work on this car. Simply to exceed the speed layed sown by Sir
Henry Segrave. Now done.

mayf