Re: [Tigers] New Land Speed Record

To: drmayf@mayfco.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] New Land Speed Record
From: Steve Laifman <slaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 16:14:54 -0700
Alvin,

Why in the world would the such a cup be named after me? From what
"nefarious" deed that I did ?

Like Mayf, I'd object to it as well.

 NOT being the expert, I find that there are a great many LAND Speed
Records for lot's of different categories, except airplanes.  There are
already distinct categories in being for differing classifications.
They even have sections for motorcycles, electric, steam, gasoline,
solar etc. vehicles.

For my money, Dr. Larry Mayfield is the only expert I know of.

I tried searching for the categories and record holders with all sorts
of "No Luck" but "wannabes".  Maybe The Guinness Book of Records?

Best Wishes to all Tiger owners, then, now, and future, as well as The
Alpine (which I owned before Jay was made the caretaker.

If it IS to be given out, I think a better choice would be a beer mug!

Steve

/Steve Laifman/

/Editor - /*/TigersUnited.com/* <http://www.tigersunited.com>