Re: [Tigers] Engine Temperature

To: "'Tod Brown'" <todbrown@roadrunner.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Engine Temperature
From: "Mike Michels" <mmichels@socal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 21:27:16 -0700
I did the same thing Tod did. Guage was reading too high so I "trimmed" the
circuit and adding 4 ohms made it very accurate in the 190-200 degrees
range.  If gauge is reading too low, however, this trick won't work. One
more thing to keep in mind is that the resistance curve is non-linear,
according to Stu's very excellent article. So adding resistance will only
correct a specific temperature range, most important being between
thermostat temp and boiling, of course.