Re: [Tigers] Engine Temperature

To: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Engine Temperature
From: Tod Brown <todbrown@roadrunner.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 09:50:15 -0400
Looking at Stu's data, the temp gauge reads 248 F at 24 ohms, so we can
calculate the power consumed from P = V*V/R = (12 v)*(12v)/24 ohms = 6
watts, so a 10 watt resistor should do the job.  I mounted the resistor
under the bonnet, near the sender.  I have not had any melting of the
plastic coating.  Using a resistor with a low power rating risks
overheating it and frying it, just like a fuse.

Tod