[Tigers] Hagerty British Market Report

To: denis mercier <denismercier@telvic.net>,
Subject: [Tigers] Hagerty British Market Report
From: Bill Waite <fordlandia@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 19:00:50 -0700 (PDT)
I suppose a "market value" report issued by an insurance company like Hagerty
has a certain natural "upward" bias.  They more you insure the car for, the
higher the premiums they collect.  My Mark II is insured with them, but for a
lot less than they state as their current value.

Truth is, I don't know how much the car is worth.  I may find out sometime
next year, as I'm thinking of selling it after 32 years of ownership.  I have
been giving a lot of consideration to the new ERA slabside Cobra kit... and
also need to cover the costs of restoring a Mark I Tiger (owned since 1979,
all there, but needs restoration).

Couple of pics of my Mark II at these links:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2009-1/1331597/B382100437TACEVENT8.01.09.JPG

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2009-1/1331597/DAYTONTAC.JPG

BTW... what is the consensus (if there is one) as to the best way to sell a
very nice Tiger these days?  Off hand it seems eBay would be the way to go,
assuming you set a  reasonably high reserve to "protect" against letting it go
too cheaply just based on timing.   But, there are a lot of good ways to
promote a private sale, too.  I'd be interested in suggestions.

Regards,

Bill Waite
Grand Rapids, MI