Re: [Tigers] Wiper Delay ? Not Tiger Related but Jensen Related

To: <deiland1@elp.rr.com>, <jensen-cars@british-steel.org>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Wiper Delay ? Not Tiger Related but Jensen Related
From: steve wick <srwick@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 09:59:49 -0800
1969/70 Mercury Cougars used a circuit board that plugged into the harness at
the plug to the wiper motor, used the standard wiper motor and had a switch
that replaced the standard one at the dash. That's probably what he's talking
about.

Steve

> Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 22:59:26 +0000
> From: deiland1@elp.rr.com
> To: JENSEN-cars@british-steel.org; deiland1@elp.rr.com
> CC: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
> Subject: Re: [Tigers] Wiper Delay ? Not Tiger Related but Jensen Related
>
> As soon as I posted this email, a local mechanic that has worked on my
regular cars for years called me and I discussed the subject with him. He
seems to think it might be possible to do what I'm thinking and have it work
correctly. Although he feels more confident that I could definitely operate
the high and low speeds from the column switch and the washer from the column
switch, he didn't discount that I could possibly get the delay function to
work as well. His thoughts were that I may have to find an older circuit board
that operated an older two speed wiper motor and controlled the delay
operation also. If I understood him correctly, he was saying that in some
newer cars the circuit boards operate a wiper motor that has the delay
function built into the newer motors. Of course I may not be understanding
what he was talking about. Still like to hear what others on the lists have to
say.

> Dan Eiland
>

> ---- deiland1@elp.rr.com wrote:
> > I converted my Jensen Healey steering column to a Pontiac Fiero tilt
steering column and would like to take advantage of the new turn signal lever
with wiper delay and washer switch. I suspect I can find a wiper delay circuit
module that should plug directly into the existing wiring harness on the new
tilt column. The question I have is whether it will work correctly if I wire
the module into my original two speed JH wiper motor. Of course the delay
should only work on the low speed side of the original wiper motor while the
high speed side should be unchanged. Anyone out there have an idea if this
will work on an old LBC wiper motor?

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/deiland1@elp.rr.com