Re: [Tigers] More 302 questions

To: "A. C. Tynes" <v8tracker@gmail.com>, "Gyroplanes@aol.com"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] More 302 questions
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 13:47:14 -0600
I used a Professional Products harmonic balancer. It's available in both 28
and 50 oz-inch, short like the 260's, has both 3 and 4 hole pulley patterns,
and three sets of engraved and painted timing marks to suit any of the timing
covers available for the smallblock engine. If you're very particular you
would still want to degree the engine yourself, at least to figure out if
there was any error between the marks and your pointer, but they are
definitely very visible with any timing light.

Cheers,
Theo