Re: [Tigers] More cubes for Tiger

To: "'Scott Hutchinson'" <shutchin@netjets.com>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] More cubes for Tiger
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 16:06:19 -0500
Scott
        I don't have a Mk II engine handy to look at but here is what I have
found.

        Mk II heads are the C6OE-M casting; this head has an extra lobe of
material at the exhaust ports that could be machined for the air injectors.
The Mk II heads have the lobe but are not machined and these heads would
have press in studs.   This is not the same head casting used on the HiPo
engine.
        It also seems unlikely Rootes would pay extra for just HiPo heads on
the production Tiger with a 2bbl carb.  I would think Rootes could buy the
studs separately and do the machine work themselves but I also suspect that
might only have been done on race engines.

The 1966 HiPo heads were the same as the 1965 model; they have none of the
above extra material at the exhaust ports.

Ron Fraser